- Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant
- Sworn statement by a joint tenant that another joint tenant has
died. Has jurat form for use by notary. All formats show type of information
needed to complete form.
- Affidavit - Death of Joint Tenant
- Sworn statement by any person with knowledge of the death of a joint tenant. Has jurat
form for use by notary. All formats show type of information needed to complete form.
- Affidavit of Surviving Spouse - Community Property with Right of Survivorship
- Spouse succeeding to community property per California Civil Code section 682.1.
This form to be recorded after death of a spouse where deed complies with community property
with right of survivorship requirements. All formats show type of information
needed to complete form.
- Affidavit of Surviving Spouse
- Spouse succeeding to community property per California probate code section 13540.
This form contains a statement that husband and wife considered the property in question
to be community property (where title is not held as community property.) Although there
is legal authority for recording this form, you may want to follow up with a spousal property
petition filed with the court.
- Affidavit of Death of Life Tenant
- Declaration of remainer beneficiary that person with tenancy for life
rights has died. All formats show type of information needed to complete form.
- Declaration Under Probate Code Section 13100-13116
- Document to transfer assets in estates worth less than $100,000 without filing a formal probate
action. The $100,000 limit applies to property subject to probate and there must be no real property.
This form transfers funds from decedant's bank account. All formats show type of information
needed to complete form. Code sections are included.
- Checklist - Estate Asset Records
- Two forms provided; a checklist of about 47 items which should be
located to begin evaluating an estate for possible probate and a second checklist of assets which are
frequently handled outside of probate. Adobe form is NOT computer fill-in.
- Estates Requiring Court Supervision - California Judicial Council Forms
- Affidavit re Real Property of Small Value ($20,000 or Less)
DE-305 - Download
- Petition to Determine Succession to Real Property ( Estates $100,000 or Less)
DE-310 - Download
- Order Determining Succession to Real Property (Estates $100,000 or Less)
DE-315 - Download
- Request for Certified Copies of Death Certificate
- Request directed to county vital statistics office for copies, certified or not, of
a death certificate.
- Letter to Insurance Company regarding Life Insurance
- Letter from beneficiary to insurance company requesting claim form for benefits
of a life insurance policy.
Return to Top of Page